VISION OF TRICHY PROVINCE
We the Salesians of the Province of Annai Velankanni-Trichy wish to realize the kingdom of God following the footsteps of Christ. In keeping to the charism of Don Bosco we educate and evangelize the young together with the numbers of the salesian family, lay collaborators and all those who wish to join us in this endeavor. By becoming the agents of empowerment and social transformation, we will strive to become signs and bearers of Gods love to all especially the Marginalised and the rural poor youth in the southern part of Tamil Nadu.
MISSION PRIORITIES OF THE PROVINCE
The mission of the Province of Trichy in Southern Tamil Nadu is to build a society where,
- The Kingdom of God with all its values will be realized through evangelization, education and catechesis.
- All the catholic families are helped to be rooted in the Gospel values and contribute their share towards creation of a just society.
- The rural poor youth are provided equal opportunity to develop themselves through academic and technical education and job placement opportunities.
- The Marginalised poor of rural areas, especially the youth and the women are organized to reach sustainable development through participative community organization.
- Every youth at risk is given an opportunity to develop his skills and knowledge through adequate rehabilitation.
- The rural poor youth are trained in Socio-cultural dynamics to organize themselves as a movement to bring about social transformation.
OBJECTIVES AND GOALS TO BE ACHIEVED
- To spread the message of Christ, Salesian will be trained in various innovative methods to implement evangelization through quality education.
- To ensure adequate training and exposure to the Salesians to work in rural poorer areas along with the lay collaborators in order to cater to the needs of the Marginalised.
- To farm Catholic families rooted in Kingdom values to be leaven among the people towards building a just society.
- To provide technical and academic education to the rural poor youth who are unreached
- To provide skill training to the youth at risk and street children
- To give job placement opportunities for all the qualified, trained and untrained youth from our institutions.
- To promote community development and organization towards integral development of the rural areas.
- To organize youth groups leading to a youth movement for the social transformation of Southern Tamilnadu
- To provide opportunity for every youngster to form convictions that help to appreciate the social; cultural values of Tamil Nadu Society through folklore and social communication.
- Socially backward and economically weaker section of the rural society, with special emphasis on youth, children and women.
- Youth at risk, child labourers and street children.
- Catholic families particularly the economically weakest section of the parishes.